Earn 32,000 Amtrak Guest Rewards® points with new Amtrak Guest Rewards® World MasterCard® from Chase® (after first purchase)
Apply for Amtrak Guest Rewards® World MasterCard® from Chase® and after your first use, you'll earn 32,000 Amtrak Guest Rewards bonus points. There is no annual fee for this card.
Features of the card:
- No Annual Fee
- 2 Points per $ for Amtrak purchases
- 1 Point per $ for all other purchases
- 5% point rebate on Amtrak Travel Redemption.
- Ability to transfer Amtrak points to other travel partners (transfer ratios are attractive).
Here is a review of Amtrak Guest Rewards program which I happened to use in October for a trip from Colorado Grand Junction to Chicago in Superliner Sleeper Bedroom. I should say every bit worth the 20,000 points for 3 people and no taxes or no fees and all meals included. Your Amtrak points can easily be worth 6+ cents per point when redeemed for travel on Amtrak.
As an added benefit, Cardholders of the Amtrak Guest Rewards MasterCard® issued by Chase with an Amtrak travel spend on the card of $200 or more per calendar year can transfer Amtrak points to other AGR's partners. There is no transfer fee, however there is an annual point transfer limit of 25,000. The list of partners include:
- Continental Airlines at 1:1 in multiples of 5,000 points.
- Choice Privileges points at 1:3 in multiples of 5,000 points. Thus, 5,000 Amtrak points get you 15,000 Choice points (a great value).
- Hilton HHonors points at 1:2 in multiples of 5,000 points. Thus, 5,000 Amtrak points get you 10,000 Hilton HHonors points (a good value too).
- Broadway Showpoints at 1:1 in multiples of 1,000 points.
Amtrak points can also be used for:
- Gift Cards,
- Hertz Car Rentals,
- Hyatt and SPG Hotel Certificates,
- Celebrity and Carnival Certificates.
This is a good card option for those who are strictly looking for cards with no annual fee. Of course, there are plenty of good options for card with annual fee, some of which I have already discussed and many more that I will be talking about in future.