You can now get up to 50,000 ThankYou points worth $500 in gift cards (or possibly up to $666.67 in airfare) with a new Citibank checking account. This is one the best bonus offer of the year for a new checking account. When you open a new regular checking account in the Citigold® Account Package, you can get 50,000 ThankYou Points. Or, if you open a new regular checking account in The Citibank® Account Package, you can receive 25,000 ThankYou® Points.
You can use your ThankYou Points for your favorite restaurants, top retailers, electronics and much more. However, the best value of ThankYou points is for airfare if you have a Citi ThankYou Premier or Prestige card linked to that ThankYou account. You can even transfer these points for free to another ThankYou account that is eligible for 1.33 cents per point in airfare redemption value. Citi ThankYou Preferred card is not eligible for this higher redemption value. I have talked about Citi's ThankYou Rewards program in this post.
The Citibank checking account benefits include:
- Convenient linking between your checking account and credit card
- Award-winning 24-hour online banking
- Fee-free access to over 30,000 ATMs nationwide
- Citi Mobile Apps for iPhone®, iPod touch® and Android™ devices3
- No monthly fee for debit card usage - no matter how you swipe it
Here's all you need to do:
- Open a new Citibank checking account in The Citigold Account or Citibank Account Package by 12/31/2011.
- Enroll the new checking account in Citi ThankYou Rewards.
- Within 45 days of account opening, initiate one direct deposit AND complete one electronic bill payment for two consecutive months.
Please note that the points earned through Citibank's banking activity like checking and savings accounts are taxable and you will receive form 1099-INT for it. However, for most people, the bonus may be too big and attractive to worry about a small percentage in taxes.
This is a limited-time offer, so open a new checking account and start getting rewarded.